Flash player plugin is a helper software for some web content. Sometimes, this plugin / software has critical vulnerabilities so we can’t always be safe. We must update our plugins frequently.
Now, we will talk about Flash Player vulnerabilities and updates. You can see a warn message which the following on top of Firefox browser.This message is important for your OS security so you must update the plugin. If you don’t know how to update, you can just follow steps following.
1. Download latest version of Flash Player from Official Web Site.
2. Extract files to anywhere
tar -xzvf flash.tar.gz
3. Read “readme.txt” file 🙂 If you can’t understand steps on this file, you can follow here.
4. While in the folder which extracted,
sudo cp usr/* /usr sudo cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
That’s all 🙂
5. If you still see warn message, try these steps:
sudo cp libflashplayer.so &lt;firefox_folder&gt;
5.2. Find location of plugin file and replace it with new. We can learn the name of the file we’re looking from add-ons menu.
sudo find / -name libflashplayer.so sudo cp libflasplayer.so <path_which_found_above>